Thursday, May 28, 2009

Point of Origination

I have posted a few notes about the grocery stores over here already. This bit has to do with mostly produce items within the stores. The produce and vegetables here are packaged in all kinds of various plastic containers. Luckily they promote recycling of all of those containers but it does seem to be a bit wasteful. 
The other part about the produce and vegetables sold in the grocery is the detailed outline on each package about the point of origination for such item. When I bought my strawberries the other day, I was surprised to find the name of the grower on the packaging! Normally, the package will say where it was grown and what variety it is, along with appropriate expiration dates. Thanks to Chris Hoggard in Yorkshire, UK, I enjoyed these strawberries last week...

No comments: