Friday, July 25, 2008

The Farwell Chicago Tour

We are on the farewell Chicago tour now...the time is now minus four days until we move out of our city home and live out of our suitcases for a few weeks before we actually get to move to the UK. Our renters move into our house on Wednesday of next week, so we have a weekend of more organizing our things ahead of us.

Last weekend we said goodbye to many of our friends in the city . This weekend we have another weekend of goodbyes ahead of us with both of our families coming to town, and a few more dear friends. Today was my last day of work (Scott has been "temporarily retired" for a week already) which seemed very strange for me because I do not have another job lined up at the moment....although I will be working at some point once we make the move and our settled.

Scott has joked with me that I have spent the last month on my "farewell tour" at work. I have had the great luxury of getting together with my clients and partners to say goodbye and to also transition my accounts over to other staff members. Sadly, I am leaving a job I have truly enjoyed. It is in fact exactly 5 years ago that I started at my job - on August 1, 2003. I would imagine such timing rarely happens when exiting a job.

I have been fortunate to represent the best city in the US and also feel privileged to have been able to experience and learn more about Chicago in five years with my job, than I probably ever would have experienced in many years of just living in Chicago. My work farewell tour culminated last night with a lovely cocktail reception in my honor at the new Trump Hotel in Chicago. It was only fitting that the room in which it was hosted was called the "Skyline Room" and had an amazing view of the city. It has been a great pleasure to work with such great clients, partners, and colleagues during my time in Chicago and I am fortunate to call so many of them friends now.

No comments: