Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Baking Disaster....

I was just going along baking some treats this afternoon and I needed to make icing for some muffins. I went to Sainsbury's today and purchased two new boxes of powdered sugar. So I opened one of the boxes and poured in some liquid ingredients into the bowl and then poured in the powdered sugar - I started to stir the mixture when I saw a thick black spider coming out of the powdered sugar I had just dumped in there! Scott just happened to walk in the front door at this very time and heard me scream in sheer disgust. 

He luckily came into the kitchen and disposed of the spider and then I dumped the entire mixture out and started a new. 

I tell you I have encountered MORE spiders in this country than I ever thought possible. Earlier today, I thought it was terrible that I had killed 5 spiders I found in our house, but I am pretty sure this icing incident tops any spider hanging out in a corner or crack in our house!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Iota said...

So had the spider been alive in the sugar? Surely not...

Yuk.

Niki said...

*shudder* I would've freaked out. I hate spiders.

Kris said...

Oh my goodness, I would just die. I know what you mean about all the spiders in this country. We live in an old cottage that gets so many spiders. I can't stand them and actually pay an exterminator to come every few months to fumigate and knock them all dead!!