Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A New Bakery In Town

There's a new bakery in our little town in the middle of England.... It's my kitchen!
I am not sure how it happened so quickly, but I have been getting calls with "orders" for my American baked goods for all kinds of birthday parties, social engagements, school functions, etc. I am working on another order tonight and tomorrow - cupcakes to celebrate a quilting's club first birthday.

I am glad the recipients are enjoying the treats and I have enjoyed the distraction to give me something to do with my free time these days. I am not sure this baking gig will turn into anything more than just a word-of-mouth hobby for me, but it is fun to do it while I have the time, for people who are enjoying the end products. The "American" style cupcakes (called fairy cakes here) seem to be the biggest draw for other Americans and also the Brits who are ordering from me right now. Of course it helps that I am often sending in baked goods with Scott so his co-worker's can "taste" the goods and send referrals my way....
Cupcakes for a High School Musical birthday party. 
Gingerbread men and snowladies for a birthday party. 
Vanilla cupcakes for a 3-year-old's birthday party.
Star cookies to match the Pirate theme for the birthday party. 
A double-layer chocolate cake for a 60th birthday. 
The side view of the chocolate buttercream frosting. Yum!

No comments: