Monday, July 18, 2011

Ziploc: Why France and Not England?

We have just returned from a week's holiday in southern France and while the holiday was positively lovely (more on that later), I was surprised with a find in the grocery store in France: ZIPLOC BAGS! Why does France have them and England does not?!?!? Do the French like to store their items tightly and the British don't? I was so surprised to find actual ziploc brand bags on the shelves in the supermarket that I had to take a photo just for proof....

They had a HUGE selection - gallon size, snack size, quart size and more! Maybe someday England will catch on to this great idea too....

3 comments:

Anita said...

I'm telling you - the French (and therefore us in Lux) have terrific food storage solutions!

And because I must ask - were you in a Cora? Because I swear those price signs look very familiar....

LLB said...

ok, so do they have cake mixes now? i've got a friend in lyon and i had to send him the spice cake mix so he could make the recipe for the cookies he likes that i make and send to him sometimes.

Iota said...

Ziplocs are something that I will really miss when we move back to the UK (whenever that may be). They are so unbelievably useful. Can't imagine life without them (though I do try to use them sparingly, and reuse them, thinking of the environment).