Tuesday, August 31, 2010

US Food Cravings Fulfilled

This past week Scott had to fly back to the US for some meetings at work. I took the opportunity to tag along with him so we could spend a few days on either side of his week catching up with family and friends. While he stayed in Chicago for work, I went to St. Louis to spend time with my family for a few days and then met him back in Chicago towards the end of the week. It was a whirlwind trip, but one that mostly revolved around eating lots of food that we cannot get over here, and catching up with friends and family. While I did not document all of our food and friends, these few photos are some of the treats I enjoyed with friends we caught up with while we were back home. Looking at these pictures makes me hungry already!
Lunch at Lion's Choice. A St. Louis favorite. Root beer to drink - what a treat!
A snack at Dairy Queen on a hot afternoon. Perfect.
I sure do miss good deli sandwiches. American-style Corned Beef on Rye and a Dr. Brown's Cream Soda at The Posh Nosh Deli.
Gourmet to Go chicken salad and an Arnold Palmer to drink.
Another St. Louis Tradition - Toasted Raviolis. The BEST!
Catching up with Amelia, Roxana and Liz at Kroll's in Chicago.
We had fried cheese curds (my craving, thus the request for the restaurant). Delicious!
A sweet stop in Chicago at Sweet Mandy B's Bakery. I adore their sugar cookies.

Finally a really good Mexican dinner! Catching up with friends Brad, Shawna and Michelle over a few burritos, enchiladas, and chips and salsa.

No comments: