Saturday, July 24, 2010

How does your Garden Grow?

Last year I tried to plant some vegetables in pots on our back patio.....while they started off growing quite well, somewhere in the middle of the summer they got ruined. I produced maybe one tomato and the rest all turned to weeds. I have no idea what went wrong, but this year I was determined to grow some proper vegetables in a garden setting. There is nothing better than vegetables straight from a garden!

So, I invested in a small container garden and Scott helped me fill it with loads of mulch and manure. Now, well into the growing season, I am happy to report that my little garden seems to be growing quite well. In fact, the plants are slightly growing out of control....note the cucumber plant taking over the entire front of the container!
The container garden in our yard. I have three tomato plants, one cucumber plant, two pepper plants, lettuce and herbs on in this little box.
The little peppers are starting to grow!
And the tomatoes are sprouting. I cannot wait until they are ready to eat fresh off the vine!

No comments: