Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago...for a few hours!

After Sarah & Jonathan's wedding, we flew to Chicago for a few hours - literally, there were not even days involved....(so apologies now for not seeing anyone while we were there!). We had just enough time to squeeze in a quick visit with Scott's family and then also packed in dentist visits (trying to keep up with our US dentists!). 
Scott's brothers & dad pose for a quick photo while they were all together.
We were also able to visit with Scott's grandma for a nice lunch and so I captured this photo with Scott, his parents and grandma all together. 
After my dentist visit downtown, it was dark outside so the Christmas lights on State Street were already turned on. I just love this sight - State Street at the holidays, with The Chicago Theater sign lit up in the background!
And of course no visit to Chicago would be complete without a stop at a favorite restaurant...oh wait, there wasn't time for that! So, I had our taxi driver make a stop in Lincoln Park while en route to O'Hare airport, so I could pick up sushi take out from one of our favorite places, Sai Cafe. Then, we ordered Jama Juices at the airport and we camped out in front of our boarding gate to eat our sushi and fruit drinks.....a bit crazy, I will admit....but oh my they were DELICIOUS!!!

No comments: