Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An American Consumer

I have just returned from a short and a bit of a whirlwind trip back to the US for a dear friend's bridal shower in Virginia. While I was in the US, I had to take advantage of stocking my suitcases full of US goods.....clearly I am still an American consumer through and through! After a large TARGET run, my suitcases grew close to the 50 lb weight limit but I successfully transported the "necessary" goods back to the UK. Given the strange items I had packed in the suitcase, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to find this notice in my bag when I unpacked it. 
A notice telling me that the TSA checked out the contents of my bag for security purposes.
And here is part of what they found inside my bag......terrible, isn't it - that almost everything I had to bring back is sugar?!?!? The fall just isn't the same without candy corn and American Halloween candy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum. I see several favorites in there aside from the Cheez-its, including Sweet Baby Ray bbq sauce, I had forgotten all about that one! Hilarious that they inspected you though I get those whenever I've done a lot of shopping too.

Kris said...

I've got my eye on your Sweet Baby Rays!! We love that stuff. I had been craving salt water taffy and just had my friend bring some over for me.

Expat mum said...

Surely you can buy all of that online these days? Mind you, when I come back to Chicago from the UK, mine's full of decent tea bags, decent chocolate and Dettol!!